Friday, June 16, 2006

"You mean all of them?"

When is the mainstream newsmedia gonna start giving these guys the props they deserve?

This is from last night's Colbert Report (which introduced the word "Hispanicane" to the lexicon--That one's a keeper). The subject of the interview is Congressman Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA), cosponsor of "The Ten Commandments Defense Act." (*groan*) (What IS it with the GOP defending all these things that aren't under attack, anyway? Oh, right: The Southern Strategy... Pander to bigots, keep the House.)

Anyway:

Crooks & Liars has the video.

Colbert: What can we do to balance the budget?

Westmoreland: Get rid of The Dept. of Education.

Colbert: What are the Ten Commandments?

Westmoreland: You mean all of them?--Um... Don't murder. Don't lie. Don't steal Um... I can't name them all.


Which reminds me of that bit from AbFab: The Last Shout, where Bo--who has reinvented herself as New Age Christian evangelist--remarks:
"...for the life of me, I could not remember the names of the four disciples, but I could remember every one of the Osmonds... Alan, Donny, Jay, Jimmy, Merill, Wayne, and sometimes Marie. She's like the "Y" in the vowel sequence: sometimes Marie."


Anyhoo, why do I think this will fly under the Bible Thumper radar?

Meanwhile, last week, Stewart made fucking mince meat out of Bill Bennett over gay marriage. Video at YouTube.

Bennett: Well I think if gay..gay people are already members of families...

Stewart: What? (almost spitting out his drink)

Bennett: They're sons and they're daughters..

Stewart: So that's where the buck stops, that's the gay ceiling.

Bennett Look, it's a debate about whether you think marriage is between a man and a women.

Stewart:I disagree, I think it's a debate about whether you think gay people are part of the human condition or just a random fetish.
*Sigh*. Good times. Warmed my cockles.

1 Comments:

Blogger palochi said...

I think neo-conservatism is a latent form of S&M. Therefore, does it make it a random fetish as well?

6/16/06, 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home