Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Corrosive To Society

A Fourth Man has been arrested in the beating of Kevin Aviance, the drag queen who was gaybashed about 10 blocks from here on Saturday night. This one is 18. 2 are 20. One is fucking 16 years old.

So... it's just coincidence that this capped a week in which the President of the United States referred to gay people as "corosive to society?"

I guess.

I am never, ever concerned for my safety in this neighborhood, though one nearby restaurant won't deliver to my block... Their delivery boys kept getting mugged. So maybe I'm just an idiot.

This also caught my eye:
During the attack, the singer said, no bystanders came to his aid.
Fucking sheep.

I would like to think that, in that kind of situation, I would have the balls to intervene. But I'd probably just go, "baaa!"

2 Comments:

Blogger bj said...

link to "During the attack, the singer said, no bystanders came to his aid" doesnt seem to work

6/13/06, 12:14 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Try it now.

6/13/06, 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home