Tuesday, August 14, 2007

John from Cincinatti Cancelled

The Hollywood Reporter says HBO has declined to order a second season of David Milch's surfing apocalypse drama... which, off the top of my head, is the first time HBO has failed to give a second run to one of its hourlong dramas. (Can anyone think of another example?)

Anyway, Milch is currently in the process of developing several new projects for HBO. No word on those Deadwood movies, but my hunch is that they're a pipe dream.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really tried to like this show. But wow, it sucked to a remarkable degree. Alas.

I'm really pissed about Deadwood. So much left unresolved...probably the best HBO show ever, which is really saying something. Sigh.

8/16/07, 10:46 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

It really is saying something.

I perked up during that sermon on the mount episode... but then sank back down into quasi-ambivalence when I realized this wasn't about to become another Millennium Season 2.

Was on Fire Island the last two Sundays, and still haven't watched the last two eps. . . which is unusual for me. :(

8/16/07, 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home