Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Studio 60 Overnight Ratings

are mixed.

The results were more mixed for "Studio 60." While the new Aaron
Sorkin show, tabbed by many critics as the best of the new season, averaged a 5.4 in its first half hour, just 0.3 behind CBS's "CSI: Miami," it dipped an alarming 15 percent in its second half to a 4.6. It averaged a decent 5.0 overall.

Still, it was up about 10 percent over the premiere of "Las Vegas"
in the same timeslot last year. And what NBC really wants from the show is strong ratings from the affluent, educated and advertiser-coveted viewers who stayed loyal to Sorkin's "West Wing" for years. Among 25-54s, the show averaged a 6.0, 1.2 behind "Miami."

People tend to forget that West Wing was nearly cancelled in its first season, but became a monster hit the second year. Plus, we're now firmly entrenched in the era of niche marketing, so--assuming they don't drop too much in subsequent weeks--these ratings are probably good enough to get S60 its "back 9" order.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I personally LOVED it.

9/20/06, 11:13 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Me, too. Except for Amanda Peet. It's a long way down -- from Felicity Huffman, Allison Janney, Janel Moloney and Mary Louise Parker (among others), to Amanda Peet. :(

I'm hoping she a) improves dramatically or b) becomes this show's Moira Kelly.

9/20/06, 2:51 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I agree... Amanda Peet was my least favorite. Was surprised by the matthew Perry character.. didn't think I was going to like im, but towards the end he got some depth...

9/21/06, 11:23 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I actually was surprised with Amanda Peet. Maybe I was just expecting her to be too much of the tacky bimbo I usually see her as. I thought she had a nice energy, and although looked young, was believable as being smart and strong enough to have achieved her position.

She had a sly touch to her that I kind of liked. As I said, she surprised me -- I was expecting to hate her.

9/21/06, 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home