Thursday, September 14, 2006

Marvel Mulls Live Action Avengers Film

Marvel Mulls Avengers Film

Marvel Entertainment intends to release a live-action film version of The Avengers, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The movie based on the superhero franchise is one of several projects that Marvel has in the works.

Zak Penn, the writer behind the last two X-Men movies, is slated to write the screenplay.

Marvel executives spoke briefly about their Avengers plan on Sept. 13 during a presentation to Wall Street analysts at the Merrill Lynch Media & Entertainment Conference in Pasadena, Calif., the trade paper reported.

The Avengers began as a team consisting of the superheroes Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp, Iron Man and Hulk. Later, Captain America and a host of others joined. Executives didn't say exactly which of Marvel's superheroes would be depicted in the Avengers movie.


If they're smart, they'll adapt the first Ultiamtes storyline (which was the basis for the very entertaining Ultiamte Avengers animated film). Better yet: they should do the *second* storyline.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I love the Avengers... it could be great... hmmm.. hope they don't fuck it up!!

9/14/06, 6:15 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I'm gonna reserve judgement until they pick someone to make it, and until we find out what incarnation that person/persons is drawing inspiration from. It could be the next X-Men... or it could be the next Fantastic Four.

9/14/06, 7:24 PM  
Blogger Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Hey Scott sweetie,

I was so excited when Dennis told me about your blog...and then I find it has all my favorite obsessions: comic books (Avengers); crack ho's (Whitney); tv (Lost). I can't wait to read more.

I predict that we are many years away from seeing a live action Avengers flick. A lot will depend on how the upcoming Iron Man film comes along. Marvel's film department seems to be focusing a lot of their attention on solo characters at the moment (Wolverine, Ant Man, Sub Mariner). I wouldn't hold me breath for another franchise along the lines of X-Men.

By the way, I'm going to be in town for the holidays. I hope we can hook up again. Get ready for me, big boy.

Smooches,
Daph

9/18/06, 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home