Monday, March 10, 2008

The Mayflower Monsieur

I voted for Eliot Spitzer. More, I was an enthusiastic supporter of Eliot Spitzer. (I even met him once... well, saw him from a close seat, anyway... He kicked off his campaign after the convention in Buffalo with a tour of the state that ended in front of the NYC building his father grew up in, a former tenement which happens to be across the street from my former tenement.)

But I don't support him anymore. Now, I call for his resignation -- not because I care that he cheated on his wife, or that he (over)paid for sex, but because he's a goddamn fucking hypocrite of the first order.

When he was AG, I remember watching a press conference he oh-so-shamelessly called to promote himself announce that his office had brought down similar prostitution ring. He was so filled with righteous indignation he was practically shaking at the podium. ... Course, we now know he was likely on the receiving end of a killer blow job from a hooker concealed within the podium at the time. . . So that explains that.

*sigh*

Spitzer is no different to me now than closet case senators who try to write homophobia into the constitution while performing fellatio on strangers in airpiort men's rooms.

So, um, Spitz? Don't let the door hit you. Or--wait--do let it hit you. Repeatedly about the face and head. (Not to mention: the GROIN.)

And--it must be said: what a WASTE. He was about to preside over the Democrats retaking the state senate for the first time in 40 years... which would've done away with a mind-boggling amount of patronage-type corruption (of the sort that would inevitably infect any party in power for so long).

Will that still happen? Who knows? If it doesn't because of what Spitz did with his pee-pee, I'll be really, um, pissed.

Until today, I thought--a lot of people thought--that Spitzer would be president someday. What a f***ing waste.

On the bright side (if there is one), I like David Paterson -- Spitzer's Lt. Gov -- a lot. I wish him great success. He will be NY State's first African-American governor. (And, yes, he has endorsed Hillary Clinton.) As far as I know, Paterson will be NY State's first legally blind governor, too. (At the rally, you could really tell he was visually impaired.)

I think it's safe to say he will be NY State's most progressive governor in many decades--perhaps ever. Of course, he was once a staffer for David Dinkins, which doesn't exactly inspire confidence in his ability to get things done. Well, we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home