Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fringe 1X02: The Same Old Story

This was a damn fine episode.

Not sure I've ever been turned around on a pilot I hated so quickly. The characters and relationships (and the quality of the cast) make all the difference. Plus, it was genuinely creepy.

I'm on baord.

I'm also super-impressed that they snagged Darin Morgan as a consulting producer. Morgan wrote four--and only four--episodes of The X-Files, each one a classic. His script for "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" won an emmy -- which is exceedingly rare for a genre show.

So, fine--It's basically a new X-Files... but maybe it's not a knock-off, after all. Time will tell...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, really?

I was so going to delete it from my DVR, but now I'll check it out.

9/18/08, 11:47 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

totally. check it out. i'll be interested to hear what you think.

9/20/08, 1:35 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I didn't mind the opener because I liked the characters. Looking forward to ep 2 which airs on Wed pm here in Oz. Two of the main stars (Anna Torv and John Noble) are Aussies so it's had a but of press here!

9/22/08, 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home